UK farmers and land managers are invited to participate in a research project on Permanent Grasslands (PG) in UK farming systems.
This UK based research is part of a wider project being conducted across a number of case study countries (UK, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland and the Czech Republic) within the Horizon 2020 SUPER-G (Sustainable Permanent Grassland Systems and Policies) programme of research. SUPER-G is a 5 year EU programme which aims to provide evidence and solutions to improve the way grasslands throughout Europe are used to produce food as well as other benefits such as biodiversity, flood protection and recreation. The programme is working to co-develop sustainable permanent grasslands systems and policies with a range of stakeholders, including farmers, advisers and policymakers.
For this specific project, we are interested in what UK farmers and land managers are doing with their permanent grasslands, as well as to looking to gather evidence regarding any opportunities and risks for ecosystem service provision, if there is a role for innovation here, and how markets and government policies influence decisions. To do this we are conducting telephone interviews with farmers and land managers throughout January and February 2021.
The interview will follow a structured set of questions for approximately 1 hr 15 min. You will be asked questions about:
- Your farm, including the size of your farm, area of grassland, the type of livestock you keep and in what numbers (annual average), and the income structure of the business.
- Your thoughts about farming and Permanent Grassland.
- Your current and anticipated future management of Permanent Grassland in your system.
- What influences the decisions you make with regard to PG in your system.
- Your farming education and background.
Participants who complete the telephone interview will be given the opportunity to be entered into a £500 prize draw. If you are willing to participate in an interview please either register your details here or, contact the ADAS team via email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th February 2021.