The first part addressed how to adjust nitrogen rates in response to increases in nitrogen fertiliser prices and included an assessment of the impact of these changes on the yield of wheat, barley and oilseed rape.
Read the full Part One report
Building on part one, this report assessed the impact on other aspects of fertiliser management and includes information on:
- Which crops, fields and nitrogen splits to prioritise
- The influence of expected yield
- Management of organic materials
- Achieving milling and malting specification
- The value of precision nitrogen use
- Calculating the nitrogen price
- Management of other nutrients
- Longer-term implications
Read the full Part Two report
Part three examines whether the wheat and barley findings are appropriate for the oats sector and, if not, how oats growers can best respond to the current prices and availability of manufactured fertilisers.
Read the full Part Three report